Amazing Acoustic Guitar Tone - Anywhere!
Yamaha's THR5A portable acoustic guitar combo amplifier is much more than a great-sounding, battery-powered amp. Optimized for use with acoustic-electric and silent guitars, the THR5A delivers impeccable simulations of dynamic and classic tube condenser mics along with studio-grade effects to give you polished, professional tone wherever you are. You can use the THR5A's stereo speakers for external playback from your iPod or computer. Battery power lets you take your tones anywhere, and thanks to its USB connectivity, you'll also love the way your Yamaha THR5A guitar amplifier fits into your studio.
Yamaha THR5A Portable Combo Guitar Amplifier at a Glance:
- Loaded with essential mic models and onboard effects
- Battery powered, so you can take your music anywhere
- USB connectivity for recording, playback, and preset editing
Loaded with essential mic models and onboard effects
By splitting the effects and mic models across three independent knobs, Yamaha built the THR5A guitar amp to let you combine tones and effects in fun and creative ways. First, pick out your mic model. Condenser, dynamic, tube, and nylon mic simulations, as well as EG CLN (a clean electric guitar setting) give you everything you need to cover a wide range of styles. The THR5A's modulation effects live on a second knob and its delays and reverbs live on a third. The result is a full acoustic-electric amp rig worth of effects and tone combinations. And thanks to Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling, the THR5A emulates each component of each mic model and effect, giving you super-realistic sound and feel.
Battery powered, so you can take your music anywhere
Want to rock out on a street corner? Pick up your iPod for backing tracks and your battery-powered Yamaha THR5A guitar amp, and you're good to go. What about your next long car trip? With up to six hours of running time on just eight AA batteries, you'll be able to rock out from state to state. Even if you're flying, the entire THR5A fits easily in your carry-on, so you'll be ready to rock as soon as your plane lands.
USB connectivity for recording, playback, and preset editing
There's a hidden side to this go-anywhere, sound-like-anything guitar amplifier: its USB computer connection. There's a lot you can do with the THR5A's USB jack. For one thing, it lets you record right to your DAW. A complimentary copy of Cubase AI is included, so you're set even if you don't already have recording software. You can also use the THR5A's USB for audio playback, letting you rock out to your favorite tunes without reaching for your iPod. Last but not least, there's Yamaha's THR Editor software, which lets you use your computer to dive deep into the THR5A's amp models and effects to create your own presets. It also gives you access to the THR5A's compressor and noise gate for even more tone-tweaking possibilities.
Yamaha THR5A Portable Combo Guitar Amplifier Features:
- An amazing portable acoustic guitar amp - ideal for practicing, songwriting, and recording
- Impeccable simulations of dynamic and classic tube condenser mics along with studio-grade effects
- Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology delivers extremely realistic sound and feel
- Runs on supplied AC adapter or 8 AA batteries for up to 6 hours of continuous playing time
- Auxiliary 1/8" input lets you play back audio via your personal music player
- USB connection provides 2 channels of recording/playback to and from your computer
- Dual 3.15" speakers provide stereo audio for internal effects and auxiliary/computer audio playback
- Free (downloadable) THR Editor software lets you tweak additional parameters
- Includes Steinberg's Cubase AI recording software