Delivers Heavy-hitting Bass Tone
Steve Harris’s fleet-fingered bass lines are the driving force behind Iron Maiden’s relentless gallop — the iconic rhythm that’s been appropriated by an endless number of the band’s heavy metal contemporaries. Steve typically achieves his heavy-hitting growl by plugging his bass into a handmade custom preamp and a bevy of vintage speaker cabinets. But when he was touring behind his British Lion project, Steve wanted to scale down his rig without sacrificing tone. The result is Tech 21’s Steve Harris SH1 Signature SansAmp. This all-analog pedal not only replicates the sound of his full-sized rig, it enables him to pipe that massive tone straight to the PA. On top of that, it supplies an expansive range of adjustability, unlocking a wide spectrum of bass tones. If you’re searching for way to achieve a gargantuan bass sound without a bulky stack of speaker cabs, take the Steve Harris SH1 SansAmp for a test drive — it delivers a surmounting terror that’s hard to stop.
Gain and Level controls deliver hard-hitting sound
Building a hard-hitting bass tone is a breeze with the Steve Harris SH1 Signature SansAmp. Each of its two channels include individual Gain and Level controls for dialing in grit and volume — crank it, and you’ll experience a glorious wooly distortion that’s guaranteed to electrify an otherwise anemic track.
Shape your bass tone with EQ and Blend controls
No matter what sound you’re imagining, you can create it with the Tech 21 Steve Harris SH1 Signature SansAmp. A 4-band active EQ gives you near-unlimited sound sculpting with ±18dB of boost and cut. A Bite switch enables a “Steve” boost, infusing your low-end attack with extra clank and clarity. Finally, there's the Blend control, which enables you to go nuts with your tone and then mix in some of the unaffected DI signal for a more complex and coherent sound.
Run direct or feed your amp with killer bass tone
One of the things many of the gigging bass players here at Sweetwater love about the Steve Harris SH1 Signature SansAmp is that once you have one, you'll never be without a usable bass rig again. That's because the SH1 includes both 1/4" and XLR outputs. Want to feed your bass amplifier? No problem! Depending on your amp, you can totally bypass your amp's preamp and run the SH1's output directly into its effects return. Likewise, you can send your signal straight to the PA via the pedal’s XLR output. And thanks to the parallel output, you can even do both, sending the affected signal to the PA while feeding your bass amp with clean signal for stage monitoring.
Tech 21 Steve Harris SH1 Signature SansAmp Features:
- Replicates the heavy-hitting sound of Steve Harris’s bass rig
- 2 separate channels with individual Gain and Level controls for dialing in grit and volume
- 4-band active EQ attains near-unlimited sound sculpting with ±18dB of boost and cut.
- Bite switch infuses your low-end attack with extra clank and clarity
- Blend control enables you to mix in unaffected signal for added clarity
- Choose between 1/4" instrument signal and XLR line-level outputs
- Parallel output lets you send clean signal to your onstage amp
- Includes a chromatic tuner
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Pedal Type:Bass Preamp, DI, Emulation
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (included)
- Manufacturer Part Number:SH1