Much more than just a direct box, the SansAmp Bass Driver DI is capable of dialing up big vintage tube tones, bright modern slap sounds, gnarly distortions, and all in between. Three different outputs to drive power amps, recording desks, PA mixers, or simply enhance your current rig. Controls include Presence for definition and upper harmonic content; Blend to combine the proportion of direct signal and SansAmp circuitry; and active EQ specifically tuned for bass with 12dB of cut or boost.
Bass Driver Punch with Expanded Tone Controls
Bolster your bass tone with a Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 preamp/direct box pedal. Based on the classic SansAmp bass pedal at the heart of countless live and recording rigs, the SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 delivers an expanded range of tonal control ideal for modern bass rigs. Those of us here at Sweetwater who play 5-string and 6-string bass particularly love the expanded low-end control, which lets you center the bass control on either 80Hz or drop it down to 40Hz. Likewise, you can set the SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2's midrange frequency to accommodate a wide range of pickups, and with both XLR and 1/4" outputs, this pedal is perfect for bass amps and PA systems.
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 Preamp/Direct Box Pedal at a Glance:
- Drive and Presence controls deliver hard-hitting sound
- Shape your bass tone with EQ and blend controls
- Run direct or feed your amp with killer bass tone
The SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 delivers an impressive range of tone-shaping options that let you get the most out of your bass. It starts with the drive control, which makes it easy to add heat to your tone, and when you crank it, you get a wooly distortion that can flesh out an otherwise anemic mix. Presence control brings out harmonic overtones to add the perception of loudness, without adding much volume - it's ideal for controlling slap bass tone.Shape your bass tone with EQ and blend controls
For R&B bass, you may want to back off the Treble, while Bass and Mid controls with switchable center frequencies let you contour your tone for 5- and 6-string basses and a variety of pickup styles. Finally, there's the Blend control, which lets you go nuts with your tone and then mix in some of the unaffected DI signal for a more complex and coherent sound.Run direct or feed your amp with killer bass tone
One of the things many of the gigging bass players here at Sweetwater love about the SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 is that once you have one, you'll never be without a usable bass rig again. That's because the SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 includes both 1/4" and XLR outputs. Want to feed your bass amp? No problem! Depending on your amp, you can totally bypass your amp's preamp and run the SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2's output directly into the effects return. Likewise, you can send the signal straight to the PA via the XLR output, and if you hit it with phantom power, you don't even need to worry about batteries or AC. And thanks to the parallel output, you can even do both, sending the affected signal to the PA while feeding your bass amp with clean signal for stage monitoring.Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI V2 Preamp/Direct Box Pedal Features:
- A powerful tone-shaping tool for bass players of all styles and setups
- Drive control lets you add heat and hair to your basic bass tone
- Presence and treble control let you contour your top-end expression
- Bass control with 40/80Hz switch accommodates 4-, 5-, and 6-string basses
- Mid control with 500/1000Hz switch lets you adjust for pickups and technique
- Blend control lets you mix in unaffected signal for added clarity
- Choose between 1/4" instrument signal and XLR line-level outputs
- Parallel output lets you send clean signal to your onstage amp
- Type:Preamp/DI bass pedal with 3-band EQ and frequency shift
- Form Factor:Pedal
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4", 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" (thru)
- Power Source:9V DC power supply or phantom power
- Batteries:Optional 9V battery
- Weight:14 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number:BSDR-V2