Excels in Every Low-frequency Situation
Thanks to its ultra-powerful low-end response, the Shure Beta 91A excels in every low-frequency situation. While kick drums are the obvious application, that’s not all this boundary condenser microphone can do. It’s also an effective way to capture pianos or any other bass-intensive source you can think of. Benefit from maximum gain before feedback, by virtue of a custom-tailored half-cardioid polar pattern, while impressive SPL handling effortlessly tackles extra-loud sources. A high-quality mic capsule design and integrated preamp yield superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound reproduction. The Beta 91A includes a 2-position contour switch to maximize clarity, as well as a low-profile design that enables it to fit anywhere.
Tailored frequency response offers high-quality low-frequency sound reproduction
The Beta 91A’s tailored frequency response makes it a top choice for loud, bass-heavy sources. Its uniform half-cardioid design all but rejects feedback, while supplying superior off-axis rejection. Its wide dynamic range ensures that it performs admirably in high-SPL environments.
Intelligent design reduces stage clutter and resists abuse
Ask any live sound tech, and they’ll tell you — stage clutter is a serious thorn in their side. That’s one of the reasons why the Shure Beta 91A is a top choice amongst engineers. Its integrated preamp and XLR connector reduce stage clutter and ensure a quick, secure setup. Beyond that, its low-profile design requires no external mounting hardware and takes up little space. It’s also near bulletproof, thanks to its steel grille and die-cast metal construction.
2-position contour switch enhances clarity and attack
A 2-position contour switch on the bottom of the Beta 91A enables you to selectively filter its low-mid frequency response without necessitating any external gear. Set it for a flat response for natural-sounding audio reproduction, or flip it to the low-mid scoop setting for heightened attack and added low-frequency punch. This switch is perfect for situations where your signal needs a bit more clarity.
Shure Beta 91A Kick Drum Microphone Features:
- Boundary condenser microphone for low-frequency sources
- Tailored frequency response makes bass-heavy sources sound amazing
- Custom-tailored half-cardioid polar pattern rejects feedback and supplies superior off-axis rejection
- Impressive SPL handling effortlessly tackles extra-loud sources
- 2-position contour switch filters your low-frequency response for added clarity and attack
- integrated preamp and XLR connector reduce stage clutter and ensure a quick, secure setup
- Low-profile design requires no external mounting hardware and takes up little space
- Extra-durable steel grille and die-cast metal construction
- Microphone Type:Boundary
- Polar Pattern:Half-Cardioid
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:155dB
- Output Impedance:146 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:64.5dB
- Self Noise:29.5dB (A weighted)
- Weight:1 lb.
- Included Accessories:Zippered Carrying Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:BETA 91A