PreSonus Studio 1824c Overview
The PreSonus Studio 1824c is an 18x20 USB Type-C audio/MIDI interface offering high-resolution conversion and a powerful software package for bands and audio engineers in home/project studios and mobile setups. Connect mic-, instrument-, or line-level sources via eight XLR-1/4" combo inputs, each utilizing its own gain control and XMAX Class-A mic preamp with phantom power. Integrate digital equipment via 8-channel ADAT optical I/O and stereo S/PDIF I/O. A BNC word clock is provided to ensure proper synchronization of other interfaces or digital mixers. Operate at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution without sacrificing channel count or at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz sample rates with 8x8 I/O functionality.
The Studio 1824c has two 1/4" main outputs with a dedicated level control, mute switch, and mono button for use with a pair of active monitors, plus eight balanced 1/4" TRS line outputs. Two 1/4" TRS stereo headphone outputs with front-panel volume knobs accommodate two sets of headphones. The 5-pin MIDI I/O jacks on the rear panel allow simple hookup of a MIDI controller, synthesizer, or sound module.
The Studio 1824c includes USB cables for easy connectivity to your compatible macOS- or Windows-equipped computer. It is powered via an included external power supply. Also supplied is a software bundle featuring the Studio One Artist DAW and the Studio Magic plug-in suite—a slew of creative tools for producers, engineers, songwriters, and more.
- Flexible multichannel audio/MIDI interface ideal for bands, audio engineers, and producers
- AD/DA conversion at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz resolution
- Eight XLR-1/4" combo inputs—two support mic/instrument/line level, six support mic/line level
- Line switch toggles inputs 1-2 between line and instrument level
- XMAX Class-A mic preamps with selectable 48 VDC phantom power
- Dedicated controls for input gain, main output level/mute/mono, and headphone volume
- Two 1/4" main/line outputs and eight DC-coupled 1/4" line outputs
- Two independent 1/4" stereo headphone outputs
- ADAT optical ports supports eight channels of I/O at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, or four channels at 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz
- Coaxial S/PDIF ports for two extra digital I/O channels
- BNC word clock output ensures proper synchronization of other digital equipment
- Multi-segment LED meters display levels for inputs and main outputs
- Monitor mix control with free UC Surface for macOS, Windows, iPad, and Android
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software with flexible routing, zero-latency monitor mixing, and control room integration
- Includes Studio Magic plug-in suite with seven plug-ins ranging from EQ to virtual instruments
PreSonus Studio 1824c Specs
Digital Audio Sample Rates Up to 192 kHz (AD/DA Conversion) Bit Depth Up to 24-Bit (AD/DA Conversion) Sync Sources ADAT, Internal, S/PDIF Power Power Requirements AC/DC Power Adapter (Included) AC/DC Power Adapter 12 V, Center-Positive (Included) Phantom Power Current >10 mA per Channel Physical Anti-Theft Features None Rackmount Size 1 RU (With Included Hardware) Dimensions 19 x 5.5 x 1.75" / 482.6 x 139.7 x 44.45 mm Weight 4.8 lb / 2.2 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 6.91 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 24.5 x 9.4 x 0.3"