Choose the Musical Partner Destined to Deliver that Perfect Performance
From the legendary Donca-matic to the world’s most popular workstations, KORG has spent decades innovating new technologies designed to propel every keyboard performance to the highest level of excellence. KORG’s flagship Pa4X Professional Arranger continues this tradition with incredible refinements to every aspect of the sound quality—and with enhanced performance capabilities. The Pa4X Professional Arranger is more than a keyboard. It’s your backup band; your accompanist; and your musical director. It’s your soundman; your effects engineer; and your always in-tune background singers.
Best of all—you’re always in charge!
Ideal for composing, recording, and combo use, the intuitive Pa4X really comes to life in the hands of the solo keyboard performer and entertainer. And nowhere else is the flawless operation and superior sound of one keyboard instrument more in the spotlight. To that end, every aspect of KORG’s industry-leading Professional Arranger series has been re-examined and improved, resulting in the Pa4X—an instrument without equal. The all-new EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – Expanded) sound engine delivers unprecedented realism and highly detailed sounds, drawing on a massive PCM resource over 10 times larger than those found in previous models. KORG’s exclusive DNC (Defined Nuance Control) provides highly-articulate solo instruments. Partnerships with Waves Audio and TC Helicon provide state-of-the-art audio processing and vocal effects. Plus, there are tons of new instruments and drumkits, along with a massive infusion of Styles to cover a world of musical genres.
The New Pa4X
Sound quality at its best
Three assignable switches, the four-way joystick—even a ribbon strip—allow KORG’s unique DNC (Defined Nuance Control) to reproduce the subtle nuances and articulations of acoustic instruments creating ultra-realistic performances rich in expression—all in real time and on demand. Bring any solo or melody to life with the growl of a passionately-played saxophone; the changing embouchure of a trumpet; the breath elements found in a clarinet or harmonica; and the added characteristics that give extra authenticity to the pizzicato and arco sounds of a string section. More than 90* authentic drumkits—including Ambient Drums—breathe life into any rhythmic passage; the Drum Family Easy Editing feature offers total control over volume, pitch, EQ, and more. An additional 400 MB* of user memory allows new sounds to be added quickly and easily using KORG, WAV, AIFF, and SoundFont™ formats. Conduct your own sampling session and take advantage of the complete sample recording and editing features found in the Pa4X.
Slim, powerful and easy to use
Both the Pa4X 76 and Pa4X 61 feature a naturally-responsive and semi-weighted keybed that provides both velocity and aftertouch sensitivity. The dynamic response is adjustable to accommodate any playing technique and any level of musicianship—from the hobbyist to the demanding professional. The main panel has been optimized to ensure that all controls are ergonomically positioned and intuitively located to make every performance feel smooth and natural. Big, bright, and bold, the new capacitive TouchView display hosts a redesigned graphical interface that is easier than ever to read, even under the most demanding lighting environments.
The entire screen can be tilted forward and back to provide the perfect angle for optimum viewing—on stage or off! Searching for that song, Style, or file that you were just using? The multi-function Search feature can find what you are looking for—quickly! Styles and Keyboard Sets can be read directly from a USB drive—without the need to load data in the internal memory.
For those seeking an all-in-one solution, experience the optional PaAS Speaker System. This easy-to-use add-on provides spectacular sound for home and rehearsal use—or as a personal performance monitor. The bi-amped PaAS sound system contains five loudspeakers in a sleek cabinet that attaches directly to your Pa4X. Best of all, installation takes only seconds; no tools are required; no cables are needed, and no power supply is necessary.
- Semi–weighted keys with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch.
- Elegant, streamlined aluminum cabinet
- Huge 7-inch capacitive TouchView™ display with tilting system.
- Easy-to-use panel layout and intuitive redesigned graphical interface.
- New EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine.
Improved realism and pristine sound quality.
Massive internal ROM with a renewed PCM database
Plus up to 400 MB of user PCM data
- Over 1,500 sounds including GM and XG sets
- 512 user Sound and 128 user Drumkit locations with full editing features
- Digital Drawbar Organ sound engine
- DNC (Defined Nuance Control) and realtime articulation:
- Three assignable switches
- Four-way joystick
- Ribbon controller
- Complete sample recording and editing features
- Import audio waveforms in the most common formats including Wav, Aiff and SoundFont™.
Over 500 factory Styles with Intros, Endings, Fills, Count-ins, and Breaks- 4 Keyboard Sets and 4 Pads per Style,- 13 Internal user banks and 13 Direct user banks locations for unlimited storage
- Guitar Mode 2 provides more realistic guitar parts
Chord Sequencer function in Style Play mode records any chord progression on-the-fly- Chord Sequences can be saved in each Style and SongBook entry
- Search function for quickly locating any musical resource
- New standard MidiFile to Style converter feature
Keyboard Set Library includes a collection of best ready to play sounds- Keyboard Sets can be recalled even from Direct locations
Multiple Effects processors – 142 effect types:- 4 Insert and 3 Master effects for accompaniment parts,
- 1 Insert and 2 Master effects for Keyboard Tracks
- Waves MAXXAUDIO Mastering Suite: MaxxEQ™, MaxxBass™, MaxxTreble™, MaxxStereo™, MaxxVolume™
- TC Helicon® Vocal Processing: Four-part Harmonizer, Double, µMod, Reverb, Delay, Filter, HardTune, Pitch Correction plus Compressor, EQ, Gate (Adaptive Mic Setting on the Mic input)
Double MP3/MIDI file players with recording capability, X-Fader and Vocal Remover- Score, Chords, and Lyric display- Compatible with most common lyrics formats including graphical (+G) for MP3.- Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except Oriental and Arabic Languages
- Enhanced compatibility for GM and XG songs.
Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, and MP3- Instant recall of any song setting- User-definable Set Lists assignable to panel buttons- Filtering and ordering options
- Multi-language extended character set.
Internal hard drivePa4X 76: Standard
- MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows for mass storage and data protection
- Optional PaAS speaker bar—connects without wires or power supply