The KORG KROSS 61-key model, popular for its class-beating performance and stylish design, is now joined by new models in a variety of colors. The lightweight body that makes the KROSS so easy to transport is a perfect match for the four new neon colors: green, orange, red, and blue.
These models also have additional PCM that provides special pre-installed piano and electric piano sounds, as well as synth and drum sounds that meet the needs of cutting edge EDM producers.
- A rich selection of more than 1,000 powered-up presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favorite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A color lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface
Even more powerful preset sounds, with specialized optional expansion sounds
The sound quality of KORG synthesizers is endorsed by top-ranking musicians around the world. The evolved KROSS 2 expands polyphony from 80 to 120 voices, and dramatically powers-up the number of internal programs from 809 to 1,075 programs. Including multi-layered pianos and electric pianos, thick strings and other new sounds that will work well with any band, as well as the latest drum kits to cover current styles such as EDM. The wide selection of programs covers your needs from live performance to studio production.
The KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2’s internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
The high-quality EDS-i Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated sound engine is inherited from KORG’s professional synthesizers. You can use a total of seven effects units simultaneously: five insert and two master. Rich expressive power is available from the selection of 134 high-quality effects, including standard effects such as delay and reverb as well as amp modeling, vintage effect units, and even a vocoder.
As a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalize, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.
It's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
The new realtime control section lets you directly control KROSS 2’s main parameters without having to navigate through a menu hierarchy. In addition to realtime control of the sounds and effects, and simple editing of programs, you can use the knobs to easily control the vocoder settings or adjust the tempo of the arpeggiator and sequencer.
The favorite function lets you register frequently-used programs and combinations and recall them at a single touch, and has even been expanded to allow 128 favorite locations, twice the number of the first generation of KROSS. This function is ideal for live players that need quick access to a specialized set of sounds on stage.
The layer/split function, which lets you layer two sounds or assign separate sounds to the left and right regions of the keyboard, is now easier to set up, thanks to a dedicated quick layer/split button.
A category dial is provided, allowing you to immediately find the sounds you're looking for amid the vast range of choices. Just choose the general type of sound, such as piano or organ, and then make your selection quickly and efficiently.