- Flagship-class BOSS sound engine specially tuned for bass
- Pro-level amps and effects in a light, compact floor unit
- Essential tools on board for optimizing your core bass tone
- Includes advanced MDP effects for maximum musical expression
- Modern design with no hard edges enables safe transport in an instrument bag
- Easy Select and Easy Edit functions for quickly choosing and tweaking patches
- Four AA batteries provide approximately seven hours of mobile playing time
- Onboard control switch and expression pedal; footswitch/expression pedal jack and USB
- Download pro patches and editor software for free at BOSS Tone Central (to be available in September 2017)
Flagship Tone Tools for Bass
Equipped with a bass-tuned version of BOSS’s most advanced sound engine, the GT-1B is absolutely packed with top-quality sound tools. A wide range of preamps are available for shaping your core tone, including updated favorites from the GT-10B and two all-new models. Premium MDP effects like limiter and distortion feature advanced BOSS tech to maintain your instrument’s character and response, enabling free-flowing musical expression. Graphic EQ, T-Wah, and other essentials are on hand too, plus impact effects such as Harmonist, Bass Synth, Defretter, and more. There’s also a complete array of mod, delay, and reverb effects, and even a looper for jamming and on-the-fly creativity.
The GT-1B is designed for bassists on the move. It’s surprisingly lightweight and compact, making it ideal for tight stage setups and situations where you need to travel light. The rugged modern design is easy to slip in the accessory compartment of a bass bag, with no worries of hard edges causing damage to your instrument. AC or battery power provides flexibility for any performing situation, so you can always take your tone with you everywhere you play.
Sound Creation Made Easy
With the GT-1B’s intuitive interface, it’s simple to build sounds and fine-tune parameters, even if you’re new to multi-effects. Dedicated buttons provide instant editing access to each effect category, which you can adjust straight away via three panel knobs. The buttons also function as on/off switches, and feature status indicators that let you see which categories are enabled at a glance. Easy Select and Easy Edit functions streamline patch creation even more, allowing beginners and pros alike to achieve polished multi-effects sounds with just a few tweaks.
BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio
At BOSS Tone Central, you’ll find a wide selection of free patch collections for the GT-1B. Programmed by top bassists, these patches are dialed-in and ready to use, and make great starting points for advanced players who like to create their own custom sounds. The free BOSS Tone Studio software provides a full-featured editor/librarian for the GT-1B, as well as integrated access to all the patch collections at BOSS Tone Central.
Pro Control in a Compact Space
The GT-1B’s three footswitches are smartly designed to provide patch selection, tuner access, looper control, and more in a minimal footprint. The dedicated CTL1 switch is freely assignable to functions like tap tempo, effects on/off, and numerous others, while the expression pedal and toe switch are assignable to volume, wah, pitch shift, and various effects parameters. If you crave even more control, there’s a jack for connecting up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal. And in addition to providing access to BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio, the GT-1B’s USB jack lets you record tones directly to your favorite DAW.
- SPECIFICATIONSSampling Frequency44.1 kHzAD Conversion24 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.DA Conversion24 bitsEffects90 typesPatches99 (User) + 99 (Preset)Phrase Loop32 sec.Nominal Input LevelINPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -20 dBuMaximum Input LevelINPUT: +7 dBu, AUX IN: 0 dBuInput ImpedanceINPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX IN: 27 k ohmsNominal Output LevelOUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu, PHONES: -10 dBuOutput ImpedanceOUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm, PHONES: 44 ohmsRecommended Load ImpedanceOUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater, PHONES: 44 ohms or greaterControlsDOWN switch, UP switch CTL1 switch
EASY SELECT button, EASY EDIT button, FX1/LIMITER button, OD/DS button, PREAMP button, FX2/MOD button, DELAY button, REVERB button, MEMORY EDIT button, EXIT button, ENTER button, MENU button
1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob
Expression pedalDisplayGraphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)ConnectorsINPUT jack, OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL2, 3/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jackPower SupplyAlkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)Current Draw200 mAExpected battery life under continuous useAlkaline: Approx. 7 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.AccessoriesOwner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500L, FV-500H, EV-30, Roland EV-5SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth305 mm
12-1/16 inchesDepth152 mm
6 inchesHeight56 mm
2-1/4 inchesMaximum height74 mm
2-15/16 inchesWeight (including battery)1.3 kg
2 lbs 14 oz