A Reigning Delay Just Got Better
For more than 30 years, the DD-3 has been a staple on pedalboards all over the world. From the crystal-clear rippled repeats of Lincoln Brewster to the glitchy, stuttery latch effects (ab)used by Thom Yorke, the classic DD-3 holds a special place in the hearts of players across the map. Today, a new contender enters the ring. Introducing the BOSS DD-3T Digital Delay Pedal — with onboard tap tempo, streamlined loop access, an improved-flow dry output, and up to 800ms of the same mirror-image repeats players have come to rely on, this pedal has everything you loved about the original, and then some.
Onboard tap tempo with subdivisions
One of the key additions to the DD-3T is tap tempo. Now you can tap into the exact tempo of your song, dynamically, using the onboard switch or an optional external tap switch. Scrubbing through the Mode knob gives you several subdivision options — quarter note triplets, dotted eighths, or straight quarters — to find the right vibe for your material.
Up to 800ms of picture-perfect repeats
The immersion, vibe, and tone of the classic DD-3 are in full effect in the BOSS DD-3T. Using three ranges and a comprehensive D.Time (delay time) control, players can quickly access rockabilly slapback repeats to chased-delay ambient worship textures in no time at all. Like the DD-3, the sound of the DD-3T is par excellence — clean, bright, shimmery, but never sterile, this pedal is the picture of a great bread-and-butter pedalboard delay.
Enhanced loop functionality
The original DD-3 is beloved for its Hold feature. Not to worry — this sound is totally preserved in the DD-3T's renamed Short Loop mode. Just as in the original, players can capture and continuously loop 800ms of sound — be it a pad, riff, or noise — and play over the top to create some exciting stage dynamics.
Relocated dry output
The DD-3T's Direct Out (dry output) has been moved to the same side as the wet output for a more intuitive workflow and easier integration with the rest of your stomps. Using the two outs, it's now possible to have full control over where you send signals: the dry output to the front of your amp's preamp and, for instance, the wet output to your FX loop.
BOSS DD-3T Digital Delay Pedal Features:
- An industry classic, now updated
- 12.5ms–800ms of crystal-clean digital repeats
- Bright, percussive, and immersive
- Suits a wide range of players and styles
- Onboard tap tempo and tap switch input, with 3 subdivisions
- Hold function now renamed Short Loop — continuously loops up to 800ms of sound while you play over it
- Relocated Direct Out offers improved workflow
- Pedal Type:Delay
- Presets:Tap Subdivisions: 50ms, 200ms, 800ms, Hold
- Max Delay Time:800ms
- Looping Time:Short Loop Hold function
- Inputs:2 x 1/4" (in, tap tempo)
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (wet, direct out)
- Bypass Switching:Buffered
- Power Source:9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage:45mA
- Batteries:1 x 9V (Alkaline, Zinc-carbon)
- Manufacturer Part Number:DD-3T