Audio-Technica’s AT4060a cardioid vacuum tube condenser brings the warmth of vintage tube sound to every shade of the SPL spectrum. With a dynamic range that far exceeds that of other tube microphones, it as easily captures the subtlest nuances of vocal and instrumental performance as it handles guitar cabinets and other extreme SPL environments. Featuring hand-selected, individually tested and aged tubes, the AT4060a achieves the coveted, classic sound of valve design without compromising the specification standards required for the most demanding recording situations.
Audio-Technica takes no chances with this microphone’s consistency and reliability: every AT4060a is individually tested and inspected for 100 percent quality assurance—rare in today’s world of mass-marketed studio microphones.
AT4060a. Vintage sound, rock-solid reliability and amazing versatility for studio and live performance. From Audio-Technica’s premium line of 40 Series condenser microphones.
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
ELEMENT Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser POLAR PATTERN Cardioid FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa IMPEDANCE 200 ohms MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 0.5% T.H.D.
NOISE 19 dB SPL DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa POWER REQUIREMENTS AT8560a tube microphone powering unit
(100-240V AC) (120V AC for USA/Canada)
WEIGHT (MICROPHONE) 645 g (22.8 oz) WEIGHT (POWER SUPPLY) Tube microphone powering unit: 1.3 kg (2.87 lbs) DIMENSIONS Microphone: 215.0 mm (8.46") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
Tube microphone powering unit: 212.0 mm (8.35") W x 131.5 mm 5.18") D x 46.0 mm (1.81") H
OUTPUT CONNECTOR 3-pin XLRM-type (on tube microphone powering unit) CABLES 7.6 m (24.9') cable with 6-pin XLR-type connectors for use between microphone and tube microphone powering unit; AC power cable ACCESSORIES FURNISHED AT8560a tube microphone powering unit; AT8447 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; rack-mount adapters for tube microphone powering unit; protective mic carrying case